Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Tide is High

I was looking out on the beach and saw a giant wave form and crest, knocking a wedding off kilter. The bride and her bridesmaids were running up the beach to stay dry. Some of their friends were trying to move the tent, with dinner set up, to higher ground. 

The scene became more and more chaotic. The tide was really high and waves were now crashing into my home. I couldn't believe how aggressive they were. Water was getting all over my wood floors. Neighbors were going nuts. Someone started trying to put pieces of wood planks over the windows. There were tons of people in my apartment - some strangers, some neighbors, and some people from the wedding party. I noticed a gift box, probably for the wedding. There were trinkets in there as well as someone's passport. I decided to save it and I'd hopefully call the person once it subsided. Percy, the cat, was standing on her hind legs and meowing for me to pick her up. The waves kept coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment